We have released EasyEngine v4 Beta-4.
The missing features that are necessary for an MVP are postfix, to have basic mail functionality, and a migration script to migrate from EasyEngine v3 to v4. Other than that, we need to tweak the configuration, of Nginx, PHP and MySQL and the other tools in the stack to work harmoniously with a containerized environment.
You can get started on our currently supported OSs (Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 and Debian 8) using –
wget -qO ee rt.cx/ee4beta && sudo bash ee
We repeat, v4 is not ready for production. For instruction on how to install on currently unsupported distributions, please see installation instructions.
Cron command – We’re using Ofelia, a job scheduler for our cron requirements in a Docker-based container environment. We introduced a new command
ee cron to interact with Ofelia where you can add, delete and update a cron job and also list all jobs.
# Adds a cron job on example.com every minute ee cron add example.com --command='wp cron event run --due-now' --schedule='* * * * *' # Lists all scheduled cron jobs of example.com ee cron list example.com
Checkout our cron command repository for more details.
- Add a provision to uninstall EasyEngine. Issue: https://github.com/EasyEngine/easyengine/issues/1125 PR: https://github.com/EasyEngine/easyengine/pull/1127
- Update database to accommodate cron-command.
- Update tests and separate EasyEngine cli tests and site tests.
- Fix letsencrypt site recreation bug. Issue: https://github.com/EasyEngine/easyengine/issues/1123 and https://github.com/EasyEngine/site-command/issues/71 PR: https://github.com/EasyEngine/site-command/pull/76
- Update webroot from
/var/www/htdocs. PR: https://github.com/EasyEngine/site-command/pull/81 and https://github.com/EasyEngine/dockerfiles/pull/25
- Add confirmation to destructive commands such as
site delete. Issue: https://github.com/EasyEngine/site-command/issues/50 PR: https://github.com/EasyEngine/site-command/pull/56
- Add a provision to choose primary domain (with-www or without-www) and redirect from one to the other. Issue: https://github.com/EasyEngine/easyengine/issues/1021 PR: https://github.com/EasyEngine/site-command/pull/70
- Add Travis tests and integrations PR: https://github.com/EasyEngine/site-command/pull/69
- Add more tests for subdir and subdom sites. https://github.com/EasyEngine/site-command/pull/74
- Add labels to site containers. https://github.com/EasyEngine/site-command/pull/78
Release Link: v4.0.0-beta.4 release