We have released EasyEngine v4 Beta-6. Finally, FINAL beta on our V4 roadmap! ?
You can start testing v4 on a fresh VPS. Currently, we support limited operating system that includes Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04, 18.04 and Debian 8. Please run following command to install beta release:
wget -qO ee rt.cx/ee4beta && sudo bash ee
⚠️We repeat, v4 is not production ready! ⚠️
- We’ve made EasyEngine more modular. We’ve moved all site-command related features from EasyEngine core to site-command. (EasyEngine/easyengine#1195)
- Move global services to docker-compose (EasyEngine/easyengine#1187)
- Added admin-tools, mailhog, auth, and service commands. Each of these is an important feature so explained later.
- We’ve added support for simple PHP sites. This sets the base for first class Laravel site type support.
- Able to use a LetsEncrypt wildcard for all site types. (EasyEngine/easyengine#1171)
Here are some more details about four important commands which together makes EasyEngine easy for you!
- admin-tools bring PhpMyAdmin, Redis Web UI, PHP OpCache Viewer among other tools to every site. These are carried over from EasyEngine v3.
mailhogcommand is a new v4 only feature. Mailhog makes it possible to intercept outgoing email from an application and view them in a web interface. This comes handy during development. You can read more about mailhog here.
- auth command is pumped in v4. Unlike v3, where a single HTTP user was present all over, v4 allows managing access per-site as well as globally using any number of HTTP users and passwords. A step further, you can use the auth command to manage whitelist IP also either per site and/or globally.
- service command is an interface to shared MySQL or redis server. v4 will have an option to use MySQL/redis container per-site or shared across the server. The default is shared MySQL or redis server on Linux and per-site containers on Mac.
With this final beta release, we are now in feature freeze mode. There are some bugs to fix, a bit of refactoring – mostly to get EasyEngine v4 working on MacOS out of the box! ?
With those fixes
After that, we will start internal rollout. Our Rollout plan is here! ?
We are anticipating some quirks and bugs during rollout. Which should mean two more release candidates. Together they will stretch final v4 release to somewhat October first half. ?
You can help us testing early and reporting any issues you find! ?️♂️